Testing and Quarantine
Pre-departure testing for air travellers coming to Canada
All international travellers five years of age and older arriving into Canada must obtain a negative PCR or LAMP COVID-19 test result prior to boarding their aircraft. This test must be obtained in the international destination the traveller is currently in and must be taken within 72 hours prior to their scheduled departure to Canada.
Coming or returning to Canada? Before you depart:
- Complete pre-departure negative COVID-19 testing requirement within 72 hours of departure.
- Submit mandatory travel information using the ArriveCAN app.
- Make a three-day reservation at a hotel near YYC that is a Government Authorized Accommodation (GAA). List available here or call 1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America) or 1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America).
- Register for a COVID-19 arrival test here at no cost, up to five days before arrival.
- Understand the new Government of Canada requirements upon arrival.
When you arrive in Canada:
- Clear customs with Canada Border Services Agency and Public Health Agency of Canada.
- Collect baggage.
- Proceed to arrival COVID-19 testing area and complete test. Obtain information and/or test kit for follow up test.
- Contact your hotel to arrange for shuttle transportation to begin quarantine, if applicable. Pick-up area information is available from your hotel. If you have your private vehicle parked at the airport, you may drive it directly to your quarantine hotel. No stops or other types of transportation are allowed.
Departing Canada Testing
Travelling to the U.S. or internationally?
- Travellers are responsible for determining the testing requirements for their destination country and ensuring the test will meet that country/jurisdiction’s requirement. Travellers will have to pay for a departure test.
- All travellers flying to the U.S. who are two years of age and older require a negative COVID-19 test to enter the country. More information can be found on the C.D.C.'s website.
- As per the Dutch government’s requirement, travellers going to the Netherlands must provide a negative COVID-19 test within four-hours of departure (in addition to the mandatory negative PCR test). Visit KLM’s website for more information.
- You can also check with your airline to see if it has a testing partner.
At the airport
Numi Health: Calgary-based Numi Health Inc. offers immediate PCR and Antigen testing
at YYC from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday and by appointment on weekends, in the International Terminal
Check-in Hall. No appointment necessary. Arrive at least four hours
prior to your flight time. Visit
Numi Health's website for more information.
DynaLIFE: Alberta-based DynaLIFE offers approved departure COVID-19
testing for guests embarking on essential or emergency international travel offsite. Visit
website to book.